It is officially Autumn and to celebrate the Sunday Supper crew has assembled a menu of Fall flavors. If you are looking for all things pumpkin, apple, and sweet potato scroll on past my recipe for a wonderful collection of Autumn inspired dishes. Thank you to the Sunday Supper Movement for hosting today’s event.
Today’s Sunday Supper is a fun one for me because my newest recruit to the Sunday Supper family is posting her first recipe with us today -Tara, of Tara’s Multicultural Table! I have been encouraging Tara to join this group since my first Sunday back in February. Of course, the birth of her second child (my beautiful Goddaughter!) was a valid excuse to stay away from the extra blogging commitment. I’m sure my Sunday Supper participation will be on a slight decline come November when I, too, add “mother of two” to my resume.
Not only am I excited that Tara’s joining Sunday Supper today, but when this event was announced over a month ago I knew exactly what I’d be sharing. One of Tara’s recipes – that I modified to accommodate my allergies.
Tara posted a recipe for Pumpkin Alfredo two years ago and my mouth has always watered looking at it. But, I can’t have pumpkin. I finally decided to make it with sweet potato, instead. We first ate this Sweet Potato Alfredo back in March on a bare fridge/pantry night. I served it with egg noodles and some sliced smoked pork sausage. That’s the version pictured below. I have also served this with ground Italian sausage and fettuccine.
Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 C chicken stock
- 1/2 C sweet potato puree
- 1 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add in the chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pan if needed. Add the sweet potato puree and heavy cream, whisking until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil. Melt in Parmesan. Season to taste with S+P.
- Serve over cooked pasta (tortellini, ravioli, linguine, etc). Add cooked meats if desired (sausage, chicken, etc). Note: reserve some pasta cooking water if sauce gets too thick.
*This recipe is modified from Tara at http://tarasmulticulturaltable.com/tortellini-with-pumpkin-alfredo/*
Check out A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week’s recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Butternut Squash, Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup with Lentils by Monica’s Table
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Plus, Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
22 thoughts on “#SundaySupper: Fall Flavors”
Ooh this sweet potato sauce sounds delicious. I’m trying to incorporate a couple of meat free meals into our weekly menu and this recipe is perfect. I will also pop over to Tara’s site and see what she is making. Thanks for sharing such a yummy recipe. Sammie
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy.
I love alfredo sauce and this is a very interesting take on it. I look forward to trying it.
I hope you like it!
Thanks for talking me into joining! Your version looks delicious. I have a couple of extra sweet potatoes. May have to make it this week to sneak Evan a little extra veggies.
🙂 I’ll have to make your biscuits to do the same for Wesley! Silly boys.
I’ve made cauliflower alfredo before, but sweet potato sounds great. Very comforting!
Oh that sounds fun, too! I’ll have to give it a try.
What a wonderful addition to alfredo!
What a fabulous twist on alfredo! SO creamy, luscious and delicious!!!
Cheesy, creamy, looks delicious! What a unique recipe!
Pumpkin is not my fave, so I definitely prefer the sweet potato option. Sounds wonderful! So creamilicious!
🙂 We really like this sauce, and sweet potatoes add extra nutrients!
I love the switch up with sweet potato!
I can just imagine this on tortellini… oh YUM
Yes, that’s how Tara served her pumpkin version.
So now I can feel better about creamy Alfredo sauce, right? The sweet potato puree makes this a healthy dish! 😉
Of course it does! Teehee