#BundtBakers is a group of bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundt cakes with a common ingredient or theme. This month Sneha of Sneha’s Recipe asked us to bake a Christmas Bundt.
Every year my husband’s office has an all floor potluck the week of Thanksgiving.
This event is massive.
Every conference room gets transformed into a buffet of delicacies.
Employees and their families are all encouraged to attend and participate. Everyone is given a room to start in and after that you’re allowed to checkout the other rooms.
The rooms all have a theme, too. There are two traditional Thanksgiving rooms (last year I brought Papa’s Sweet Potato Casserole ). There’s an American room (thinks barbecue, wings, and chili), and Asian room (which is most popular and I’ve yet to even pop my head into it!), a European room, two dessert tables, a kids room with hotdogs and pizza, and more.
This year I told my husband to sign us up for a dessert so that I could share a bundt cake! He sent me the massive spread sheet and I searched for a dessert that I could fill with this month’s theme. Lemon bundt cake was my answer. I wasn’t originally thinking lemon, but I made it work!
I made a Cranberry Surprise Inside Lemon Bundt.
I unloaded about half a can of Pam into my beautiful bundt pan and it still stuck! I did my best to piece it together, crossed my fingers, and had my husband pick up a store bought lemon bundt cake as back up.
Come the morning, the cake had set together well enough that I figured, why not just bring it anyway. The boys and I, naturally, had to taste it first and it passed all approval ratings.
In my indecisiveness on bringing the cake or not I ran out of time to make a frosting, but, as you know by now, I don’t like frostings anyway.
Cranberry Surprise Inside Bundt Cake
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 2 1/2 C sugar, divided use
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 sticks butter, cubed, at room temperature
Ingredients for syrup:
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C lemon juice
- In a pot, heat cranberries and 3/4 C sugar over medium-high heat until it reduces down to 1 1/4 C, 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heavily grease a 10 C bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks, milk, lemon zest, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the flour, remaining 1 3/4 C sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat in the cubed butter. Add the wet ingredients in 3 batches, mixing until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Fill bundt pan 2/3 full with batter. Spoon in the cranberry filling, making sure it doesn’t touch any of the edges. Top with remaining batter. Bake 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve 1/4 C sugar in 1/2 C lemon juice over medium-low heat. Set aside.
- Poke the cooked cake, still in the pan, with a skewer and pour the syrup over the top. Let cool at least 10 minutes before unmolding onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely, wrap, and set overnight.
*This recipe is adapted from https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/153248/lemon-cranberry-bundt-cake/*
You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have created this month:
Almond Nougat Bundt Cake by Nunca es demasiado dulce
Bundt de Noel by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
Baileys Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
Cinnamon Bun Bundt by Living the Gourmet
Chestnut Praline Coffee Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
Christkindl Gluhwein Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
Eggless Semolina Tutti Fruity Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
Gingerbread Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Italian Cream Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
Mini Chocolate Ganache Bundts with Peppermint Crunch by Cookaholic Wife
Maple Walnut Bundt Cake by Bizcocheando
Pineapple Upside Down Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Polenta Bundt Cake by Katin špajz
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Cake Truffles by Sweet Sensations
Sorrel Mini Bundts by Passion Kneaded
Spicy Gingerbread Bundt by Food Lust People Love
Xmas Bundt Cake by La mejor manera de hacer