I can’t believe it took me over 5 months of blogging to post my absolute favorite meal!
In our first year of marriage this recipe was one of my go-tos. I am a carbo-holic and love just about any pasta and pork is my favorite meat. This recipe by Sunny Anderson is a hit!
I made this meal recently when we had company. It’s always great to make something you know will earn you compliments! 😉
The marinade used for the pork is reserved (pre-contamination) for use in the creamy pasta sauce which creates a perfect compliment of flavors between the main protein and the side dish. A bright salad is the perfect compliment to the meal as it cuts through the richness of the pasta sauce.
Banana Pepper Pork and Pasta
- 4 pork chops
- 3/4 C jarred banana peppers
- 1/2 C Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
- In a blender, combine banana peppers, mustard, and honey. Reserve 1/4 C for the pasta sauce.
- Season pork with S+P and marinate at least two hours.
- Grill pork 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water.
- In a skillet, saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook another minute. Stir in the reserved marinade and heavy cream. Cook until reduced slightly, about 8 minutes. Stir in cheese and pasta. Serve with grilled pork.