It isn’t just sweets that get all of the holiday fun!
Lunch time can be a great source for Halloween entertainment with Mummy Dogs.
Hotdogs are layered with American cheese and then wrapped in crescent roll dough for a fun take on a childhood favorite.
Give the mummy dogs eyes with your preferred hotdog topping – mustard or ketchup.
Firecracker wasn’t interested in actually eating one of these hotdogs, he prefers his food to be plain, as-is, and without dipping in sauces. Knowing this preference, I showed him a couple of completed mummy dogs (pre-baked) and proceeded to cook his hotdog naked.
The mummy dogs weren’t wasted, though. I enjoyed two of them for my lunch! I wasn’t fully expecting to like melted cheese with my hotdog, but let me tell you – these crescent wrapped wieners were incredibly addicting!
Any trick-or-treater would be thrilled to eat a mummy dog before heading out for candy.
- 10 hotdogs
- 3 slices American cheese
- 1 tub refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make 4 rectangles from the crescent roll dough by pressing the seams of two triangles together. Then slice the rectangles into strips, lengthwise.
- Cut each slice of cheese into 4 strips.
- Place a hot dog on a strip of cheese. Wrap the hotdog in dough strips to create a mummy. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 14-18 minutes, until dough is golden and cooked through.
- Add eyes with mustard or ketchup.
*This recipe is adapted from https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/crescent-mummy-dogs/d52a57d7-ab8a-4a1c-8dae-f9f90d03b912*