With St. Patrick’s Day fast approaching, you’ll see the price of potatoes dropping. While colcannon, mashed potatoes with kale or cabbage, is the popular side dish associated with the holiday, I have another suggestion for you.
Parmesan Crusted Potato Wedges.
These baked beauties are perfect for celebrating alongside an Irish dinner with a good beer. And will become a year round favorite, too.
Parmesan Crusted Potato Wedges
- 3 large Russet potatoes, sliced in wedges
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or any blend of seasonings you prefer)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Rinse potato wedges and pat dry. Toss in the seasoned oil. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until fork tender.
*This recipe is adapted from Amy at http://theblondcook.com/baked-herb-parmesan-potato-wedges/*