It’s only fitting that today’s #SundaySupper is celebrating Mother’s Day. A big thank you to Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla for “working” on this holiday to make sure the rest of us have our act together. Looking at the list of offerings today, most of us think of sweets when it comes to celebrating Mom. Be sure to scroll past my recipe to check them all out!
Today is my first Mother’s Day! I’ve always known I wanted to be a mom and so far it’s been everything I could have dreamed of and more! Everyday I am thankful to have the opportunity to stay home with my little man and watch him grow and learn.
When I tried to decide on what to make for today my mom told me to simply make something I like. Well that wasn’t very helpful – pizza, pasta, breakfast, Mexican? I decided on breakfast (I could eat breakfast any and every meal of the day) because when I think Mother’s Day, I think brunch.
When I think brunch, I think mimosas. I won’t be partaking in that alcoholic breakfast drink this year though because I am thrilled to finally announce that next year I’ll be celebrating today as a mother of two! That’s right, my little man will become a big brother in early November!
To celebrate the occasion I decided to turn the classic mimosa into a waffle!
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 C white whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 3/4 C prosecco
- 1 3/4 C milk
- 1 1/4 tsp orange extract
- In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and pour into a hot waffle iron and cook until golden. Serve with whipped cream and fresh orange slices, if desired.
*This recipe is modified from my gingerbread man waffles*
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma’s Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
Treats and Sweets
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
40 thoughts on “#SundaySupper: Mother’s Day”
Oh my – cheers to those lovely waffles!
Congratulations to a wonderful mom!
Thank you. 🙂
Congratulations!!!!! I’m sooo excited for you all! PS I can’t wait to make these, they look so yummy!
Thank you, Emily. I hope you enjoy! If you don’t have orange extract and don’t want to buy it you can use an equal amount of orange zest. I’d probably put a little vanilla extract in too though.
Such happy news to announce on Mother’s Day! And your waffles make me happy, too! Congratulations!
Light and fluffy waffles with the flavors of a mimosa, win, win!!
My thoughts exactly!
Congratulations, Lauren! That is great news. I love that you took the flavors of a mimosa and made them into a waffle. Perfect brunch recipe! Happy Mother’s Day!
congratulations. What a lovely mother’s day gift!!!
Thank you, Wendy.
Congratulations!!! How exciting! I’ll enjoy this lovely boozy waffle for you this year… Happy Mother’s Day!
What a fabulous idea combining 2 great things in 1. Love it!
Happy Mother’s Day! These waffles sound fab!
Your waffles look so light and fluffy! Congratulations on your first Mother’s Day!
Happy first Mother’s Day, Lauren!!! Time to pour the prosecco into the waffles indeed =) Cheers!
Oh, wonderful post and even better news!! Congratulations. How far apart will they be?? Mine are 18 months apart…which was completely unplanned. I have to dig out my waffle maker now. I don’t think I’ve seen it since we moved. Boo.
Thanks, Cam! They’ll be 16months apart (potentially to the day!). I was aiming for 18mo as that’s what my brother and I are and we get along very well. I’m not complaining though and we’re berry excited.
You could probably take this idea and make pancakes instead but waffles are my favorite. 🙂
Oh my goodness! Congratulations and Happy First Mother’s Day! Your waffles look beautiful. I can’t wait to try making them!
Thanks, Sarah. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day too.
Congrats, Happy 1st Mother’s Day 🙂 What a fabulous way to incorporate brunch cocktail INTO your brunch!
Thank you. 🙂
Happy Mother’s Day. I hope your first one was very special.
It was quite relaxing.
Congratulations, mama! Way to get your mimosa on without any alcoholic beverages!
I would’ve added champagne/prosecco to the whipped cream if I could have. 😉
Happy 1st Mother’s Day, Lauren and a BIG Congrats on the new addition on the way! Great idea for these waffles. They sound wonderful!
Thank you so much!!
Congrats and happy mothers day!