Hey, there! I’m jumping on the summer s’more obsession bandwagon. And I’m not ashamed by it one bit. There’s a reason the s’more is the most popular summer food trend. Ooey-gooey melty chocolate and marshmallow. Sitting around a camp fire with family and friends. Enjoying warm weather and late nights. Getting all messy and not giving a care about it in the world.
Unfortunately not all of us have access to a backyard fire pit, but that doesn’t mean we can’t partake in the fun! Make these brownies and you’ll be transported to your favorite childhood memory.
You can follow the recipe below, or feel free to take a semi-homemade philosophy and use a boxed brownie mix! Just don’t skip out on making the graham cracker crust. I wonder if you can even fill two pie crusts with the brownie batter and turn these s’more brownies into s’more brownie pies!
- 15 graham crackers, divided use
- 2 1/2 C sugar, divided use
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C mini marshmallows
- 3 chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crush 12 of the graham crackers into crumbs. You should have about 1 1/2 C of crumbs. Combine crumbs with 1/2 C sugar and 6 tbsp melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan and bake for 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together 2 sticks softened butter with 2 C sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- In a bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Add to the stand mixer and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter evenly over graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Break chocolate bars and remaining 3 graham crackers into bite size pieces. Top brownies with chocolate, crackers, and marshmallows. Bake another 10 – 15 minutes.
- If you have leftovers, they’re best reheated in a toaster oven for a few minutes until chocolate and marshmallows are again melty and gooey.
*This recipe is modified from Nikki at http://www.chef-in-training.com/2014/07/smore-brownies/*