I am not a steak-and-potatoes type of gal. Potatoes? Yes. Steak? No thanks, I’ll pass. But my husband is most definitely a steak-and-potatoes type of guy. In fact, it’s the meal he always gets when we visit his parents.
I was informed that I needed to add more iron to my diet – so that means you’ll see more red meat entrees floating around Sew You Think You Can Cook. I’ve always tried to limit the red meat to once a week, typically in the form of Mexican Monday. And I am guilty of enjoying a burger quite often.
For this recipe, par-boiled potatoes share the skewer with cubes of sirloin and the result is divine. The potatoes end up resembling fries and the marinade is full of flavor. I particularly like the rosemary. Serve these skewers with your favorite vegetable and you’ve got yourself a complete meal!
If you’ve had too much red meat this week, Mom made this recipe using chicken instead of steak and it worked just as beautifully.
Rosemary Steak and Potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp steak seasoning
- 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 2 lb steak, cut into cubes
- 2 C golden potatoes
- In a bowl combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, steak seasoning, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- Pour 3/4 C of the marinade over the steak and set in the fridge.
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes, until slightly fork tender. Drain. Pour the rest of the marinade over the potatoes.
- Skewer the steak and potatoes. Grill until the steak is cooked to your liking and the potatoes are done.
*This recipe is adapted from Whitney at http://littleleopardbook.com/2013/10/16/rosemary-steak-skewers/*
One thought on “Rosemary Steak and Potatoes”
This was quite good. And when I made it with chicken, the flavors held beautifully as well (and I didn’t feel so guilty haha)