The Foodie Extravaganza is a monthly party hosted by bloggers who love food! Each month we incorporate one main ingredient or theme into recipes to share with you. We take turns hosting and this month it’s my turn!
December 17th is National Maple Syrup Day and I challenged the crew to bake with, cook with, or make a beverage with maple syrup. (For some international bloggers who can’t find maple syrup, they’ll be joining the fun with honey as a substitute.)
With the hectic holiday season, I managed to forget to make something for this event. Before I scrambled to add extra maple syrup to my grocery list, I scrolled through my camera to see if I had anything that would satisfy my call for this maple syrup extravaganza.
Happily enough, I did! Unhappily enough, the photos made want to curl up into a ball and hide. Alas, that’s just the way it is.
I made this turkey breast in January. (Hey, at least it was January of this year!) In January we were living in Ohio. It was cold. I assume it was snowing. And it most definitely was dark at an unacceptable early hour. Those are the excuses I give for the awkward glare of the glaze. It’s a bummer, too, because as I pulled it out of the oven, my husband (and I remember this vividly) declared that it was almost too pretty to eat and that it belonged on the cover of a magazine.
This Rosemary Maple Glazed Turkey is perfect for your holiday table and pairs nicely with Roasted Pears and Parsnips.
Rosemary Maple Glazed Turkey Breast
- 1 turkey breast, 4-6 lb
- 4 onions, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 stalk of rosemary
- 2 C chicken stock
- 2 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 C maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season the turkey breast with S+P, inside and out. Stuff the cavity with 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1 stalk of rosemary.
- Arrange the remaining onions, garlic, and 2 stalks of rosemary in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the prepared turkey on top. Pour the stock into the pan.
- Roast turkey for 2 – 2 1/2 hours (or according to turkey instructions) until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
- Make the glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat bring vinegar, syrup, and remaining rosemary to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to reduce 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Brush the glaze over the turkey every 30 minutes. Reserve any remaining glaze and keep warm for serving with the finished turkey.
*This recipe is adapted from Erin at http://www.5dollardinners.com/real-food-holiday/*
And don’t forget to check out all these other maply recipes:
Basbousa – Egyptian Semolina Cake from Sneha of Sneha’s Recipe
Bangin’ Breakfast Potatoes from Rebekah of Making Miracles
Gluten-Free Maple Chestnut Cookies from Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking
Maple Pecan Bars from Nichole of Cookaholic Wife
Maple Sugar Cookies from Sue of Palatable Pastime
Maple Walnut Vinaigrette from Tara of Tara’s Multicultural Table
Momiji Tempura from Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Overnight French Toast Casserole from Elaine of Cookin and Craftin
Roasted Maple Glazed Carrots from Wendy of A Day in the Life of the Farm
The Back Forty Cocktail from Stacy of Food Lust People Love
If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.