If you’re looking for a super simple weeknight meal look no further. This chicken and potato casserole uses only 5 ingredients and creates only 3 dirty dishes (knife, cutting board, casserole dish)!
Thankfully, Stuart isn’t afraid of helping out in the kitchen but I still didn’t want to assign him anything too complicated. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was a perfect! Not to mention delicious – this will definitely be a go-to recipe when life gets too hectic. The flavor all comes from the Italian dressing – so be sure to buy a bottle you know you like, or make your own.
Chicken and Potato Casserole
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half length-wise so they’re thin
- 1 1/2 lb baby potatoes, cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 – 2 C Italian dressing
- 2 lemons, sliced into rings
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease casserole dish.
- Season chicken with S+P and place in bottom of casserole dish. Top with potatoes and spread evenly.
- Pour dressing over chicken and potatoes.
- Place lemon slices on top of potatoes along with the rosemary, if using.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender and chicken cooked through.
*This recipe is adapted from Kim at http://www.cravingsofalunatic.com/2014/04/chicken-and-potato-bake-with-meyer-lemons.html*