With Memorial Weekend here, I thought I’d share with you one of my favorite lemonade recipes for you to make and enjoy at your holiday barbecue. I make this every year for the 4th of July along with blueberry and original flavors.
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
Ingredients for the simple syrup:
- 1 C water
- 2/3 C sugar
Ingredients for the strawberry syrup:
- 1 heaping C quartered strawberries
- 2 tbps sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Ingredients for the lemonade:
- 1 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 4 1/2 C plain seltzer water
- Make simple syrup: in a saucepan heat water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Make the strawberry syrup: in a blender puree all ingredients until smooth. Strain into pitcher and discards the remaining seeds/pulp.
- Make the lemonade: combine simple syrup, strawberry syrup and lemon juice. Keep in fridge until ready to serve. Before serving add the seltzer water.
*This recipe is adapted from Annie at http://www.annies-eats.com/2011/05/27/sparkling-strawberry-lemonade/*