Hello, Salad Night. It’s been quite a long time since you’ve stopped by for a visit. I’m glad you popped in to say hi. You were a crisp, fresh, and light change of pace to our routine. I do hope you come by again soon.
Asian Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp canola oil, divided use
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 C slivered almonds (optional)
- Chow Mein Noodles(optional)
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Season with S+P. Cook in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat in 1 tbsp canola oil until cooked through. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, zest and juice of limes, sesame oil, and honey. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Assemble salad: toss vegetables, chicken, and almonds with the dressing. Garnish with crispy chow mein noodles, if desired.
*This recipe is modified from Vicky at http://avocadopesto.com/2014/02/12/napa-cabbage-almond-chicken-salad/*
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.