Here is another Pinterest recreation for my final candy corn presentation. When you slice a round pizza into triangles, you will find yourself staring at a delicious slice of candy corn pizza. Assemble the pizza by first rolling out your dough into a circle. Put shredded mozzarella cheese in the center and surround that with shredded cheddar. The yellow bottom of the candy corn is represented by the crust, so brush it with olive oil. If you wanted to you could dye the pizza dough with yellow food coloring.
Below are recipes for homemade pizza dough and homemade pizza sauce, but for a busy Halloween night feel free to take advantage of the grocery store with a jarred sauce and refrigerated dough – I will not judge.
- 1 pkg dry active yeast
- 1 C warm water
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Dissolve yeast in the water, 10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour and add half of the yeast. Mix in with your fingers. Add in the olive oil and remaining yeast.
- Knead dough with the dough hook of your stand mixer for 7 minutes. (Or by hand on a floured surface for 10 minutes.)
- Shape dough into a ball and put in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise for one hour, or until doubled in size.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F. Divide dough into 4 separate pieces and roll out on a floured surface.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto a pizza paddle (or edgeless cookie sheet). Place pizza dough on the paddle and assemble.
- Bake pizzas on pizza stone 20 minutes until pizza crust is crispy and cooked through.
*This pizza crust recipe is adapted from a recipe that came with a friend’s pizza stone*
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato puree
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients.
*This pizza sauce recipe is adapted from Lynn at http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2009/01/homemade-pizza-sauce.html*
2 thoughts on “Candy Corn Pizza”