Last year I had the ultimate pleasure of personally meeting some fellow bloggers in real life!
There’s a local food bloggers club that tries to meet monthly and I got to meet a couple of bloggers that I’ve “known” through Secret Recipe Club!
One of them, Karen, of Karen’s Kitchen Stories, is a phenomenal bread baker and I envy her passion for cooking with yeast and kneading dough.
She shared a no knead flatbread back in October and I was itching to try it.
Apparently I wasn’t itching hard enough to read the ingredient list thoroughly. I had the wrong kind of yeast! That beautiful airy flatbread crust will have to wait.
I resorted to my pizza dough recipe. Firecracker helped me create the dough, roll it out, and sprinkle on the cheese, and steal some sliced pears while he was at it.
As a sauceless pizza, the flavors were still incredible. I made two individual size pizzas that night and reserved the remaining ingredients. Lunch the next day was fantastic!
Sometimes food photography with two little boys can get a little out of control…
Asian Pear and Smoked Sausage Pizza
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 9 oz Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 Asian pear, thinly sliced
- 4 oz smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lb pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- Place a pizza stone in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, toss onion with thyme and 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough (I did 4 individual sized pizzas instead of one large) to 1/4″ thickness. Prick with a fork. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt.
- Top pizza crust with cheese, onions, pear, and sausage. Bake 18 – 20 minutes.
*This recipe was inspired from Karen at http://www.karenskitchenstories.com/2016/10/asian-pear-and-smoked-sausage-flatbread.html*