Did you know that February is Pie Month? Well, if you followed along with my #FoodieExtravaganza post at the beginning of the month you probably did!
Today’s Sunday Supper is all about pies. Any kind of pie is fair game, too! Normally I’d be hopping on the savory side of the fence in events like this one, but not this time! Gasp! Today I am sharing a sweet pie. And it’s very sweet at that!
There are over 60 pies so be sure to scroll past my recipe. Thank you to Erica of The Crumby Cupcake for hosting today.
Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie, to be exact. This pie is made in a spring form pan for easy serving. The base of the pie is a rich and chocolaty brownie, it is then studded with cherries, and topped with a luscious ganache.
I used frozen, pitted cherries which I halved and laid along the top of the batter in concentric circles. There’s almond extract in the batter, too, which compliments the cherry flavor beautifully! And that ganache! It definitely takes this pie over the top. Any extra ganache pairs beautifully with some fresh strawberries, too.
Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie
- 2/3 C butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 C cherries, pitted and halved (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 C heavy cream
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a spring form pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the corn syrup. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add in the almond extract.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the batter followed by 1 tbsp milk. Repeat the process until the dry ingredients and the milk are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared spring form pan. Top with cherries. Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly. Allow cake to cool completely. Remove the pie from the pan.
- Make the ganache: bring heavy cream to a low simmer, remove from the heat, and pour over the chocolate chips. Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over the pie base, allowing the ganache to drip down the sides of the pie.
- Refrigerate until set.
*This recipe is adapted from Danelle at http://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2014/08/chocolate-cherry-brownie-pie.html*
Sweet As Pie
- Apple Browned Butter Tart by The Chef Next Door
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Chicken Tamale Pie from Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.