Today’s countdown though is all about dessert. Desserts are definitely the highest grossing posts on Sew You Think You Can Cook.
I actually make a fair number of sweets, too. Thanks to #BundtBakers.
This blogging countdown party is hosted by Sarah at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes.
My sweet tooth returned with a vengeance after Treat’s birth near the end of 2015 and I’m becoming a chocolate lover. The desserts I’m sharing as my favorites are those that I ate way more of than I care to admit.
Apple & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
Apple Oat Crisp
Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie
Egg Free Mint Gelato
Honey and Walnut Pear Bundt Cake
Did you know that February is Pie Month? Well, if you followed along with my #FoodieExtravaganza post at the beginning of the month you probably did!
Today’s Sunday Supper is all about pies. Any kind of pie is fair game, too! Normally I’d be hopping on the savory side of the fence in events like this one, but not this time! Gasp! Today I am sharing a sweet pie. And it’s very sweet at that!
There are over 60 pies so be sure to scroll past my recipe. Thank you to Erica of The Crumby Cupcake for hosting today.
Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie, to be exact. This pie is made in a spring form pan for easy serving. The base of the pie is a rich and chocolaty brownie, it is then studded with cherries, and topped with a luscious ganache.
I used frozen, pitted cherries which I halved and laid along the top of the batter in concentric circles. There’s almond extract in the batter, too, which compliments the cherry flavor beautifully! And that ganache! It definitely takes this pie over the top. Any extra ganache pairs beautifully with some fresh strawberries, too.
Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie
- 2/3 C butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 C cherries, pitted and halved (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 C heavy cream
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a spring form pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the corn syrup. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add in the almond extract.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the batter followed by 1 tbsp milk. Repeat the process until the dry ingredients and the milk are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared spring form pan. Top with cherries. Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly. Allow cake to cool completely. Remove the pie from the pan.
- Make the ganache: bring heavy cream to a low simmer, remove from the heat, and pour over the chocolate chips. Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over the pie base, allowing the ganache to drip down the sides of the pie.
- Refrigerate until set.
*This recipe is adapted from Danelle at http://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2014/08/chocolate-cherry-brownie-pie.html*
Sweet As Pie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.