Welcome to day one of #FreshTastyValentines, a blogging event headed up by Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla. To kick off the week I’ve made a cocktail perfect for your Valentine’s Day brunch (and a bonus recipe for pancakes).
When UncommonGoods signed on as one of our event sponsors I knew I wanted to make a cocktail because they have an incredible selection of gifts to keep any home bar and kitchen uniquely equipped (here). UncommonGoods (www.uncommongoods.com) is a web-based marketplace offering creatively designed, high-quality merchandise at affordable prices. One of the incredible prizes to win during this week’s event is a $150 gift certificate at their site. With your shopping spree you can find incredible glassware in which to enjoy my Roshambo cocktail or your favorite bottle of wine (here) or discover ways keep your drinks cool without watering them down (here).
Because we’re celebrating Valentine’s Day this week I limited my cocktail recipe search to red or pink beverages. With a big move approaching in the Spring I also added another restriction so as to not buy any new liquor. The discovery of the Roshambo couldn’t have been more perfect. It is a sparkling wine based cocktail which fits in beautifully with Valentine’s Day. This cocktail is a beautiful accompaniment to your Valentine’s breakfast.
This recipe makes two servings.
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 C apple juice
- 1/2 C cranberry juice
- prosecco or champagne
- Place sugar, water, and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Allow simple syrup to cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick.
- In a small pitcher combine 1/4 C cinnamon simply syrup with the juices. Keep cold until ready to serve.
- Pour juice mixture into glasses and top with prosecco.
*This recipe is adapted from Eva at http://1bigbite.com/2013/11/roshambo/*
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway and be sure to check out the other bloggers who posted more Valentine’s recipes today:
Thank you to #FreshTastyValentines sponsors for providing bloggers with samples and products to use for #FreshTastyValentines recipe development without additional compensation. All opinions stated are those of the bloggers.
This blog post also comes with a bonus recipe for pancakes!
Cinnamon Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- On a hot buttered griddle drop 1/2 C of batter into pancakes. Flip pancakes when batter starts to set and bubble form in the center of the pancake. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
*This recipe is modified from Kelley at http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2015/11/creme-fraiche-pancakes/*