Before my husband discovered the Moscow Mule last year, a Pimm’s Cup was his drink of choice for about two years.
While he’s currently in a “dry season” due to training for World’s Toughest Mudder, I think he’d like to celebrate his race, not with the customary beer, but with something a bit more refreshing. (Not immediately, mind you, it’ll be a miracle just making it back home after the 24 hours of conquering the WTM course!) Given that our house is currently void of vodka, I think I’ll remind him of this beauty.
The Pimm’s Cup is perfect for sharing with today’s #SundaySupper Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer! Thank you to Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure for hosting this event.
The Pimm’s Cup has been a popular English summer drink for the past 46 years. It is the official drink of the Wimbledon Tennis Tournament. Fun fact, the finals are next weekend, so you might as well gather all the ingredients and pretend you’re in London watching the match, but from the comfort of your much-less-expensive couch.
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
- 1 part Pimm’s No. 1
- 2 parts lemonade
- 1 part gingerale
- cucumber slices
- Combine all ingredients and serve over ice.
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement