This month’s Crazy Ingredient Challenge was to combine chickpeas aka garbanzo beans and honey. Two ingredients that were already in my pantry. How was I to turn down the challenge!?
I kept it really simple this month and added only a few more ingredients, cinnamon sugar and olive oil. The result was a snack that we devoured within the hour! Roasted chickpeas will become a new snack staple and I can’t wait to play around with some other flavor combinations.
These chickpeas would be beautiful atop a salad, too. Much like the one I shared yesterday!
Cinnamon and Honey Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- Lay chickpeas out on a clean towel and pat dry. Remove any lose skins. Leave chickpeas out until completely dried, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay chickpeas out on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 40 minutes, or until crunchy.
- Toss roasted chickpeas in oil. Add the honey and cinnamon sugar. Place chickpeas back on the baking sheet and roast another 5 minutes.
*This recipe is adapted from Debbie at http://www.madefrompinterest.net/roasted-chickpeas-recipe/*
To see the other bloggers who participated in this month’s Crazy Ingredient Challenge click on the link below.