Are you invested in the National Championship game tonight? I think it would be incredible if Clemson could keep their undefeated season but they have their work cut out for them, Alabama is a tough powerhouse to take down.
It’s hard for me to watch football without some sort of dip to snack on, especially if we have company over!
Earlier this year In November my brother-in-law and his girlfriend now fiance (finally!) came to meet Treat. They are both also Auburn grads so there wasn’t any fight over which game we’d be watching on Saturday. It was the Georgia game and we knew it’d be a tough one, so good food was a must!
I’d been eyeing this dip on one of my Pinterest boards for a good while and was anxious to finally give it a shot! With enchilada flavors and real cheese it’s a step up from the usual favorite game day dip. It’s a thicker dip that’s pretty dang close to being called enchilada chili! Firecracker enjoyed the dip as well and I was happy to let him eat as much as he wanted – we could do a lot worse than beef, cheese, and veggies.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 C enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) fiesta corn
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
- 1 1/2 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided use
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease oven-safe casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef in a high sided skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain the fat.
- Add the enchilada sauce and corn to the skillet. Mix in 1 C cheddar and 1 C Monterey Jack cheeses, stirring until melted. Season to taste with S+P.
- Transfer dip to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 5-10 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
*This recipe is modified from Chungah at http://damndelicious.net/2013/10/21/beef-enchilada-dip/*