Today is my husband’s birthday and in his honor I feel compelled to share a steak recipe! This particular one is from his favorite chef, Bobby Flay, and a dish that he prepared. It was quite delicious! We did have to take some liberty with the ingredients due to availability and cooking method due to weather.
Honestly, I almost didn’t blog this recipe. I’m simply not happy with the photographs. (I didn’t even take the time to edit them, there’s simply no hope for them.) Even as I’m typing this I’m second guessing my decision to continue with the post! I think we’ll just have to make it again and update the photos…. oh darn!
Spanish Spice-Rubbed Steak
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 (12 oz) steaks (boneless rib-eye, NY strip, or filet mignon)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make rub: combine paprika, cumin, mustard, S+P.
- Bring steaks to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush steaks with oil. Season liberally with the spice rub. Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until desired done-ness is reached.
- Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes before serving with steak sauce (recipe below).
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Turn on broiler. Brush bell pepper with a little bit of vegetable or canola oil. Place under broiler until charred, rotating to get all sides. Place pepper in a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes. Peel the skin, remove the seeds, and rough chop.
- Place peppers and remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Season to taste with S+P. If too thick, add up to a tablespoon of water. Serve at room temperature.
*These recipes are modified from Bobby Flay’s Grill It!*
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.