This month the 20th falls on a Sunday. I had already planned on participating in this month’s Crazy Ingredient Challenge and today’s Sunday Supper theme. I was simply going to post twice today, but then I realized that my Crazy Ingredient Recipe was quick, easy, and festive! Tada! One recipe, two events. (Let me tell you, this exhausted Mama will accept a “short cut” wherever she can.)
This month’s Crazy Ingredient Challenge is the festive pairing of cocoa and cranberries. I couldn’t be more thrilled! I love cranberries and have been enjoying them so much this season that my husband said he is “cranberried out!” I don’t know how that could ever be a thing. And it can’t be because that sure didn’t stop him from eating his fair share of these mini muffins!
These mini muffins are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast to get you through a busy Christmas morning. Tart cranberries and sweet white chocolate are a perfect marriage when encased by a light and fluffy chocolate muffin that’s not too sweet. Be sure to scroll past my recipe for more last minute holiday recipe ideas! Thank you to Wendy Hammond of Wholistic Woman and T.R. Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting the Sunday Supper event.
This recipe makes just over 4 dozen mini muffins.
Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1/4 C milk
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 C white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line mini muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, sour cream, vegetable oil, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for two minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
*This recipe is adapted from Kelley at http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2015/04/chocolate-blueberry-muffins/*
- Gluten Free Holiday Mocha by Gluten Free Crumbley
- The Frenchy by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And to see the other bloggers who participated in this month’s Crazy Ingredient Challenge click on the link below.
20 thoughts on “CIC: Cocoa & Cranberries plus #SundaySupper: Last Minute Holiday Recipes”
I would eat this up like no bodies business. Great job
Hehe, thanks, Dawn!
Your chocolate cranberry combo in a muffin sings Christmas! With the onslaught of temptations, it is nice to have guilt-free grab ‘n go mini muffins on hand =) Thank you for the recipe =)
Thanks! I hope you have a nice holiday.
I’m always looking for ways to use up those extra cranberries!! This is perfect!
Don’t you just love twofers!!
Such a lovely combo! Perfect balance of flavors!
They really do go well together.
I love cranberries too… and cranberries and chocolate go together so well… great recipe.
What a delicious choice with the CIC Ingredients. And I agree with you about taking shortcuts when you can.
What nice little breakfast bites! They would be great for snacks too.
Yep, the perfect mid morning pick me up.
Chocolate and cranberries are a perfect combination! Great breakfast idea
These sound amazing! Love the chocolate and cranberry combo!