Another waffle recipe? Yep! Can you believe how many batter recipes there are that get poured into that wonderful checkered iron!? While I’d be content eating regular waffles every week there’s something intriguing about trying something new. Thank you Pinterest for opening my eyes to the wonder that is waffle creativity.
Today’s waffles are made with whole wheat and applesauce, but they still have a lot of butter to make them that much better! And a decent amount of delicious cinnamon.
- 3 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 1/2 C milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In large microwave safe measuring cup microwave the milk and butter until the butter is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- In another bowl beat the applesauce, eggs, syrup and vanilla. Stir in the warm milk.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry.
- Into a hot greased waffle iron, drop 1/3 C of batter and cook until golden.
*This recipe is adapted from Jennifer at http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2012/10/cinnamon-scented-whole-wheat-waffles/*