Hello, August, it’s so nice to see you! Did you know that August is the only month without a holiday? (Unless you count my birthday!) Good thing there are plenty of food holidays to get us through the last full month of summer. There’s National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (that was yesterday, folks), National Root Beer Float Day (tomorrow), National S’mores Day (10th), National Rum Day (16th), and National ‘Bacon Lovers’ Day (20th) to name a few.. okay a lot.
But we’re not celebrating any of those, today.
The Foodie Extravaganza is a monthly party hosted by bloggers who love food! Each month we incorporate one main ingredient or theme into recipes to share with you, and today we’re celebrating potatoes! (National Potato Day is August 19th.)
Potatoes are probably the most versatile item in the produce department. Not only are there a wide variety of flavors, textures, and colors to choose from, there are countless of ways to prepare them! An excellent choice from our host Kathleen of Fearlessly Creative Mammas. Be sure to scroll past my recipe for a great selection of new and fun ways to prepare your next spud.
Chipotle Lime Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb fingerling potato medley, halved
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1-2 tbsp diced chipotle in adobo with sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic (I used Gourmet Garden stir-in garlic paste)
- zest 1-2 limes
- juice 1-2 limes
- fresh cilantro (I used Gourmet Garden lightly dried cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes in 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 30-35 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a small bowl whisk together chipotle in adobo, 2 tsp olive oil, garlic, and the zest and juice of limes. Season to taste with salt.
- Toss roasted potatoes in as much dressing and fresh cilantro as desired. Serve warm.
*This recipe is adapted from Meredith at http://www.insockmonkeyslippers.com/summer-braise-chipolte-and-lime-roasted-potatoes-giveaway*
Be sure to check out the rest of these potato recipes:
Latvian Spiced Dill French Fries from Fearlessly Creative Mammas
Chicken and Mashed Potato Waffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Horseradish Potato Au Gratin from From Gate to Plate
Roasted Purple Potatoes with Rosemary and Thyme from Our Good Life
Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup from Making Miracles
Llapingachos (Ecuadorian Stuffed Potato Patties) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Tortilla Espanola (Spanish Omelet) from Cali’s Cuisine
Japanese Moon Gazing Potatoes from Ninja Baker
Potato Gnocchi with Wild Mushrooms from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sweet Potato Spiced Swirl Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
Loaded Pierogi from Cooking With Carlee
Bloody Mary Potato Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Colcannon with Kale from Cherishing a Sweet Life
Jersey Royals with Mint from Food Lust People Love
Naked Ladies with their Legs Crossed from Passion Kneaded
Shredded Potato Crusted Chicken from The Freshman Cook
Copycat Chicken & Gnocchi Soup from Pantry Friendly Cooking