Don’t call the doctor, you’re not experiencing dejavu. Yes, I posted a Honey Sriracha Chicken dish yesterday. Yes the ingredients in this slow cooker dish are the exact same. But here’s why.
When we had our friends over for that Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir Fry she asked me if I thought it could be done as a slow cooker meal. Because we loved the stir fry enough, I happily answered her question by testing it out!
The result was yet another wonderful sweet and spicy dinner. While we did prefer it as a stir fry, this version is a perfect alternative for those busy days. I doubled the sauce to ensure there was enough liquid in the slow cooker. Doing so also created that extra heat we were missing. The heat didn’t hit you right away but built with every bite. No extra sriracha or chili flakes needed. Not that that means you can’t add more!
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken and Cabbage
- 3/4 head green cabbage, chopped
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 C honey
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 2 tbsp white distilled vinegar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 C chicken broth
- Place chopped cabbage in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place chicken on top of the cabbage and season liberally with S+P.
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey, Sriracha, sherry, and vinegar. Pour over chicken. Cook on LOW 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, cover.
- Make a slurry by whisking together cornstarch and chicken stock. Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes.
- Cut or shred chicken and return to slow cooker. Keep WARM until ready to serve. Serve over rice.