It’s always fun to see what people come up with during the Crazy Ingredient Challenge. I’ve pinned a few recipes but I’ve never made someone else’s CIC recipe.
For this month’s Mustard and Strawberries challenge I had considered doing a salad with strawberries and honey mustard dressing, but that wasn’t creative. It never occurred to me to make a dressing! Pure genius. And pure deliciousness.
Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 C (5-7) fresh strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- zest and juice of 1 clementine
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- In a food processor combine strawberries, clementine juice/zest, honey, and mustard until smooth. With the machine running stream in olive oil. Season with S+P to taste, if desired.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and stir in poppy seeds.
*This recipe is adapted from Cindy at http://www.hunwhatsfordinner.com/2014/02/strawberry-poppy-seed-dressing-crazy.html?m=1*