How do you make Salad Night exciting? Bacon! Bacon makes everything better, right?
This BLT Salad is better than the American classic BLT Sandwich because this salad has a balsamic-mayo dressing!
- 1 1/2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 2 on-the-vine tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 handfuls croutons
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- zest of 1/4 lemon
- Cook bacon until extra crispy (in your preferred method – in the oven, on the stove top, or in the microwave). Transfer to a paper towel to absorb extra grease. When cool enough to handle, break up the bacon.
- Whisk together mayo, balsamic, lemon zest. Season with S+P to taste.
- Assemble salad and top with dressing.
*This recipe is adapted from Lyndsy at http://www.dinnervine.com/2012/09/blt-salad/*