This recipe is a Lauren Everson original!
I was looking for a white wine sangria for the Fourth. I couldn’t find one that matched both my personal taste and didn’t require me to search high and low for some exotic fruit juice. So, I combined the theories and flavor profiles of about four different recipes and created my very own sangria. Red wine lovers even preferred my recipe! I hope you serve this concoction at your next party.
Red, White & Blue Sangria
- 1/2 C pitted fresh cherries
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C water
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 diced apple
- 6 oz raspberries
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1 chilled bottle champagne
- Make simple syrup – In a sauce pan, heat first three ingredients until sugar melts, being sure to mash the cherries. Strain and let cool.
- Pour white wine into serving pitcher along with the simple syrup and fruits. Let sit 1 hour or over night.
- Before serving, pour in the bottle of bubbly!