Wait a minute.
Wasn’t it just Christmas?
Am I allowed to admit I feel like I haven’t reached a level of organization for 2018 yet?
And we’re talking Easter!?
Well, since we’re talking about it, might as well cook about it!
This year’s #EasterWeek, hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, convenes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and providing you plenty of time to come up with your perfect Easter menu. (Easter is April 1st – that’s 13 days from now!)
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
To start your menu, I propose a light and bright, spring-timey salad.
This salad comes from the cookbook Happy Cooking: Make Every Meal Count … Without Stressing Out by Giada De Laurentiis and is featured in her Las Vegas restaurant.
With an almost full container of ricotta in my refrigerator, I selected one of Giada’s cookbooks hoping she’d know what to do.
This salad is both refreshing and satisfying.
The basil vinaigrette paired with the fresh tomatoes and the creamy ricotta reminded me of a caprese salad.
Whipped Ricotta Salad
- 1 C packed fresh basil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 C whole milk ricotta cheese, chilled
- 3 C baby greens salad mix (I used a blend of kale and spinach)
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- Make dressing: Place basil, toasted pine nuts, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes into a food processor and blend. Add in 3 tbsp of the olive oil until the dressing comes together. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the ricotta with the remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the salad green, peas, and tomatoes with the dressing.
- Plate: Spoon whipped ricotta onto a plate and top with the salad. Serves 4-6 people.
Be sure to check out these other great Easter recipes:
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Gratin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Bunny Cinnamon Rolls by Family Around the Table
Bunny Mary by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Carrot Roll Cake by Cookaholic Wife
Chocolate Dipped Robin’s Egg Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Crunchy Easter Bird Nest Granola Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Deviled eggs with creme Fraiche and herbs by Simple and Savory
Easter M&M Blondies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Easter Mini Chocolate Rum Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
Egg Benedict Quiche by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Orange Ricotta Pancakes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Puff Pastry Eggs with Ham and Cheese by All that’s Jas
Sausage and Spinach Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Tsoureki – Greek Easter Bread by Caroline’s Cooking
Whipped Ricotta Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook