It’s the final day of #CranberryWeek hosted by Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking. We’ve been sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration.
My husband chipped away at the dish full of cranberry cream cheese bars with a warmed serving after the boys went to bed. I think he used it as his source of energy before tackling the dishes from dinner. 😉
I on the other hand, would have a little bit in the morning around 10 am. You know, when my first breakfast has worn off but it’s too close to lunch to have a second breakfast.
I really like desserts that are acceptable for my mid-morning snack. The crust of these bars is made of oats – breakfast. The filling involves cream cheese – breakfast. Cranberries are a fruit – breakfast!
I liked eating my cranberry deliciousness with whipped cream, but no one would complain if you served yours with vanilla ice cream.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars
- 2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C + 1 tbsp sugar, divided use
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 C key lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/4 C sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and the butter with a hand mixer. Set aside 1 1/2 C. Press the remaining mixture into the prepared pan. Bake 12 – 15 minutes, until golden. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add in the condensed milk, key lime juice, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Spread over the baked crust.
- In a small bowl combine the cranberry sauce, cornstarch, and remaining tablespoon of sugar. Evenly distribute over the cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake 40 – 45 minutes, until golden.
*This recipe is adapted from Danelle at https://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2014/12/cranberry-cream-cheese-bars-with-quaker-whole-grain-oats.html*
Be sure to check out these other great cranberry recipes:
Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat) from Family Around The Table
Cranberry Clementine Gin from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Cranberry Clusters by The Freshman Cook
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Cranberry-Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark from Books n’ Cooks
TBD from Palatable Pastime
Panettone from Caroline’s Cooking
You Make Me Blush Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Warm Cranberry Punch from Everyday Eileen
7 thoughts on “#CranberryWeek: Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars”
I wouldn’t mind having one of these delicious treats for breakfast right now. The coffee is already poured.
These sound delicious! Thanks for joining in with Cranberryweek!
Thanks, Caroline! It was a fun week for sure.
These look and sound delicious! I sure wish I was having one for dessert tonight…