It’s day three of #CranberryWeek hosted by Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking. We’re sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration.
I made this dip last year at Christmas and it was enjoyed by all. Who doesn’t love a dip in a bread bowl!? I held on to it hoping that #CranberryWeek would indeed return in 2017.
The photos taken at my parents’ house last year were not worth editing and I knew I’d have to make this dip again. It’s still delicious – the cheddar cheese has a bite that challenges that of the fresh cranberry while the cranberry sauce lends just a back-note of sweetness.
White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip
- 1 1/2 C shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 C fresh cranberries
- 1/4 C cranberry sauce
- 1 sourdough boule loaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together shredded cheese and cream cheese until combined. (Option to reserve some of the cheddar cheese for topping.) Fold in the cranberries and cranberry sauce.
- Create a bowl from the sourdough by cutting the top and scooping out the insides, leaving enough thickness for a wall. Cube up the removed bread for serving.
- Pour cheese mixture into the bread bowl. Place on a baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Top with reserved cheese, if desired, and broil until golden.
- Serve with cubed sourdough bread, vegetables, and crackers.
*This recipe is adapted from https://californiagoldminer.com/recipe/white-cheddar-cranberry-dip*
Be sure to check out these other great cranberry recipes:
Butternut Squash Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries and Fennel from Caroline’s Cooking
Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad Wraps from Family Around The Table
Cranberry Cheeseball by The Freshman Cook
Cranberry Cobbler from Cookaholic Wife
Cranberry Gremolata from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Cranberry Orange Relish from Books n’ Cooks
Jellied Cranberry Sauce from Palatable Pastime
Orange Cranberry Sweet Rolls from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pear Holly Cocktail from Bear & Bug Eats
Roasted Green Beans with Cranberries from Making Miracles
Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Chicken from Jonesin’ For Taste
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast from Everyday Eileen
White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip from Sew You Think You Can Cook
White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies from House of Nash Eats