I wanted to include a craft during Halloween week here on Sew You Think You Can Cook.
I couldn’t find any sewing mummy crafts that weren’t a pillowcase and since I did one during Candy Corn week I continued my search.
Next thought was to make a wreath. Unfortunately I didn’t make one before heading to Alabama a couple of weeks ago so that idea had to be scrapped.
Firecracker loves making crafts, it’s probably his favorite thing about homeschooling.
I found a cute and simple mummy paper plate craft on handy dandy Pinterest and knew I could manage that with everything we already had on hand. Mission accomplished last minute!
I made one the night before to have an example for the boys.
Firecracker just liked gluing eyes onto his mummy face and threaded the string over the face just twice.
I was surprised at how much more Treat did than his older brother! He did a great job inserting the string into holes and loved pulling the string all the way through.
Here’s what you need to make your own mummy paper plate:
- White paper plate
- Hole punch
- Eyes (googly eyes, buttons, or a marker)
- Glue, if needed
- White yarn, string, or thin ribbon
- Tape, if needed
Here’s what you need to do:
- Punch holes around the edge of the plate.
- Glue or draw on the eyes. Let dry.
- String the yarn through the holes, going across the face in a haphazard manner. Tie ends of the string behind the plate and tape down if desired.