#BundtBakers is a group of bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundt cakes with a common ingredient or theme.
Except that this month, Colleen of Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice is breaking that mold and challenging us to think outside of the bundt pan. To bake something in our favorite cake pan that isn’t cake!
I didn’t know if I was going to sign up for this one given my summer blogging break but one of my best friends from college shared a Facebook video with me. Her timing couldn’t have been more perfect! The video was for a fajita bundt cake. Yes. Fajitas. In a bundt. It looked so fun, we just had to try it!
Picture your bundt cake. But instead of a rich cake center, imagine fajita seasoned chicken and veggies. Instead of a cake crust to cut through, imagine tortillas. And instead of frosting and sprinkles, imagine sour cream and cilantro.
The dinner was so fun and would definitely be a show stopper for company.
Chicken Fajita Bundt Cake
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 tbsp salt
- 9 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 C shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together the chicken, bell peppers, onion, fajita seasoning, olive oil, and salt. Bake 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 360 degrees F.
- Brush a bundt pan with olive oil. Tuck 5 tortillas into the pan, add the remaining 4 tortillas behind the first layer. Put half of the cheese into the tortilla-lined bundt pan. Top with the cooked chicken mixture, tomato, cilantro, and remaining cheese.
- Press tortillas over the cheese. Bake 25 minutes.
- Flip out the fajita cake.
- Mix sour cream with a little lime juice, to taste. “Frost” the “cake.” Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime zest.
*This recipe is adapted from Tom at http://twistedfood.co.uk/giant-chicken-fajita-donut/*
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have created this month:
Bacon, Zucchini, Raisins and Cheddar Bundt Cake from I Love Bundt Cakes
Cheesesteak Bundt from Cookaholic Wife
Cherry Bundt Breakfast Danish from Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Chive Potato Filled Cheeseburger Meatloaf Bundt from Food Lust People Love
Classic Vanilla Flan Bundt from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
Pasta Chicken Bundt from Sneha’s Recipe
Soap Bundt Cake from La Mejor Manera
Spinach Pasta Surprise from A Day in the Life on the Farm