Thanksgiving is this week.
You guys. Thanksgiving is this week!
When you plan your holiday menu do you plan to intentionally have leftovers? I don’t, but I know there will be and I don’t necessarily try to mitigate them.
What do you do with all your leftover food? My brother’s favorite way to eat them is simply reheated in a skillet with some gravy. That’s really the best method for reheating the turkey and stuffing to make it taste just as good as T-day itself.
I’m a sucker for a cold turkey sandwich with some mayo on rye bread. I also enjoy a grilled cheese style sandwich with the turkey, creamed onions, and thin slice of apple.
But what do you do with the non-turkey items? I’m sure my Sunday Supper friends have some more creative and wonderful ideas on how to use up those holiday leftovers! A big thank you to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure for hosting today’s event.
When I had leftover sweet potato casserole last year, I decided to repurpose it into breakfast. (I mean, really, what else would I possibly do?) Waffles! I simply left out the streusel (marshmallow if that’s they way you go) topping and garnished my waffles with fresh pecans.
Just look at that cutie to the right! I can’t believe that was almost a full year ago. He looks so little. I mean, his brother can now wear that shirt! My how much can happen in one year.
Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 C sweet potato casserole
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt
- pecans (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the casserole, eggs, milk, and yogurt.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry.
- Drop 1/3 C of waffle batter onto a greased waffle iron and cook until golden.
- Garnish with pecans, if desired.
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Bacon Egg Potato and Turkey Soup by Family Foodie
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa by Food Done Light
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puff Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement