It’s the first full week of October that means it’s time for another #FoodieExtravaganza!
Before I get into my schpeal about this wonderful group I have to take a moment and FREAK OUT. It’s OCTOBER. It’s the month that my baby boy turns ONE. How did this happen? You’d think having gone through it once already, I’d be prepared for it this time around. Nope!
Okay, sorry about that.
Within #FoodieExtravaganza, each month we take turns hosting and selecting a foodie holiday associated with that month. This month we’re celebrating anything and everything chocolate. Kathleen of Fearlessly Creative Mammas is our spectacular host today.
It’s been a while since I’ve shared a recipe from our favorite cookbook Brunch at Bobby’s so why not share these chocolate blintzes we made an embarrassingly long time ago. These crepe-like pancakes are folded around a chocolate ricotta filling. I opted to leave my chocolate chips whole instead of chopping them up and my husband and I had differing opinions on that technique. I enjoyed the bonus crunch that the chips provided, but he thought it made those bites a little too chocolate-forward.
Chocolate Blintzes with Chocolate Ricotta Filling
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/3 C + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, divided use
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 C diced strawberries (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 C milk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine the ricotta, powdered sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips (option to chop them) and strawberries. Cover and refrigerate 1-8 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale. Add in the milk and melted butter.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, remaining cocoa powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, stirring until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Pour 1/4 C batter into a small greased skillet. (I used non-stick cooking spray between each pancake) Swirl the pan around to create an even pancake. Once the blintz bubbles in the center, flip and cook another minute. Remove from skillet and fill with 2-3 tbsp of your filling. Fold blintzes like you would an enchilada.
*This recipe is modified from Brunch at Bobby’s*
Be sure to check out these other chocolate filled recipes:
Holy Mole Pork Stew from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Triple Chocolate and Cream Trifle from Fearlessly Creative Mammas
2 Kiss Cupcakes from Sneha’s Recipe
Chocolate Lovers Dream Cake from Cookin and Craftin
Kahlua Chocolate Cake from Making Miracles
Queen Anne Squares from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Hot Fudge Cheesecake Brownies from Cookaholic Wife
Nutty Chocolate Fudge from Basic N Delicious
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Slow Cooker Chicken Mole from Caroline’s Cooking
Simple Chocolate Cake from Passion Kneaded
Chocolate Rugelach from Hardley a Goddess
Crispy Chocolate Surprise Balls from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
Marshmallow Turtle Bars from Food Lust People Love
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins from Not Too Shabby Gabby
If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
14 thoughts on “#FoodieExtravaganza: Chocolate”
Just lovely Lauren and Happy Birthday to your little guy….it does seem like you just had him yesterday.
You’re telling me!
I love blintzes but have never had chocolate ones! These look wonderful!
Thanks, they were so good!
I can’t believe it has already been a year!! These look incredible. I just love that filling and would leave the chocolate chips whole too.
Delicious chocolate blintzes.
Oh, they look so good. I think your husband is broken.