It’s here! It’s here! Football season is here!
College football games started this week and the professional games start next week.
I’ve got my Fantasy Draft on Wednesday – I really need to do some researching!
I’m a little nervous about how to handle this sports season being on the West Coast for the first time. I guess it’s a good thing the boys have me up early! It’s also going to be strange seeing the TV Guide filled with a bunch of schools I’ve never watched or potentially never even heard of! It’ll be harder to find those SEC schools I so badly want to watch, so I’m definitely grateful there’s an SEC Network on which I can watch my Tigers.
To help kick-off the season the tastemakers at #SundaySupper have put together a fantastic menu of easy game day recipes for your next tailgate or couch-gate. A big thank you to Coleen of The Redhead Baker for hosting this fun event!
I’ve jumped on the bandwagon a few years late, but I’m sharing Buffalo Cauliflower Bites today!
Cauliflower is one of those veggies that we simply avoided. And honestly, I’m not sure why. Even when it’s provided on those party veggie platters, I skip over it for its friend Broccoli. It’d been bugging me so I forced the issue and bought a head of cauliflower to have in the “veggie train” at my son’s birthday party.
I did try it. And really didn’t have much of an opinion on it. It’s fairly bland. And I still prefer broccoli. At least raw.
So what to do with the leftovers? I’ve been dying to try the cauliflower pizza crust but decided to go an easier route. Take the post popular way to prepare cauliflower for cauli-haters: buffalo it!
My husband was beyond skeptical. I told him I was making it and that was that. He said, “Okay. I’ll try it, but I probably won’t eat it.” Guess what? He not only ate it, he’s asking for it again! And so am I.
This recipe will feed 4 people.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 4 C cauliflower florets
- 3/4 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 C water
- 3/4 C buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt, and water. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet, allow the excess coating to drip off.
- Bake cauliflower for 20 minutes.
- In a measuring cup, combine the buffalo sauce and butter. Pour over the cauliflower. Bake another 5 minutes.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
*This recipe is adapted from Gina at http://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites/*
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.