It’s Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day! In the Secret Recipe Club, each participating blogger is assigned a blog from another participating blogger and secretly searches their site for something to recreate. The accompanying blog post then goes live on reveal day! So while I was immersed in my assigned blog, someone else was picking through mine! I’m so excited to be part of this group, to see what on my blog peaks other’s interests and to stumble upon new blogs and new recipes.
With the new year I have switched groups and will now be posting with Group C on the 3rd Monday of the month instead of the 4th. (I did this so I can continue participating with #MuffinMonday!)
My first assigned blog in Group C is Kirstin of Loving Life! Kirstin and I have quite a lot in common: having both lived in FL and OH; her father was in the military and my husband is currently serving; and browsing the internet and window shopping are skills we both share, too.
I enjoyed searching through Kirstin’s blog and ended up making not one, but two of her recipes! I was this close (imagine me holding up my thumb and pointer finger really close together) to finally braving a cauliflower pizza crust but then I saw her Copy Cat recipe for Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce. I had just tried B-Dub’s Caesar Salad which is topped with garlic Parmesan coated chicken and couldn’t stop dreaming about it. (Until I can go back to my Spicy Garlic wings post breastfeeding this Caesar salad will be my new B-Dub staple.) Conveniently Kirstin also had a Caesar dressing in her recipe index, too.
Instead of wings, I used chicken thighs to top our salads because that’s what I had in my freezer. I will definitely be making this dish again. The wing sauce was an exact match to the one you get at the restaurant. I know because the following week I found myself back at BWW ordering that salad. I might have a problem… Thank you Kirstin for fueling this new addiction.
Copy Cat: BWW Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place garlic cloves on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil, fold up and place on a baking sheet. Roast garlic 25 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Mash the cooled garlic and add to the sauce. Refrigerate.
- To use: toss cooked wings in sauce or baste roasted chicken in the last 10 minutes of cook time.
*This recipe is adapted from Kirstin at http://troyerslovinglife.blogspot.com/2015/02/mock-buffalo-wild-wings-wing-night.html*
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire, and pepper. Add the mayo and whisk until combined. Add the olive oil while continuously whisking until smooth. Stir in the cheese. Season to taste with salt.
- Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
*This recipe is adapted from Kirstin at http://troyerslovinglife.blogspot.com/2009/01/recipes-top-ramen-salad-yummy-quiche.html*
To see the other bloggers who participated in the Secret Recipe Club this month click here: