In an effort to make all of her holiday gifts this year, Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla invited some of her favorite foodie bloggers to share recipes for hand-crated edibles. Over the course of the next twelve weeks, we’ll be sharing recipes from libations (last week’s theme) to cookie platters. Hope you’ll follow along for inspiration.
The following recipe makes approximately 1/2 C of seasoning.
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine all ingredients. Store in an air tight container. Use in your favorite recipes.
*This recipe is adapted from Bill at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/detail.aspx *
To give homemade taco seasoning as a gift, place taco seasoning in a nice canister or mason jar and include a couple recipe cards of your favorite Mexican recipes.
Here are some other sensational spice blends perfect for giving:
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures posts her Buffalo Spice Rub
- Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes blends up her Gingerbread Spice Mix
- Rebekah from Making Miracles shares an Apple Pie Spice Mix
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla offers you a Masala Chai Tea Spice Blend
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm writes about the Best Rib Rub Recipe
- Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook inspires some tasty tacos with her homemade Taco Seasoning
- Terri at Christmas Tree Lane heads to the Mediterranean with her Italian Spice Blend.
Next week check back for our recipes for special diets; dishes that may be gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, soy-free, or nut-free. Or check out our #handcraftededibles pinterest board.