Most schools are starting this coming week and some have even already been in class for a week or more! If you’re part of the lucky ones who wait until Labor Day to start the school year, enjoy the rest of your summer.
Today’s Sunday Sunday Supper menu will help you get ready for the school year, with plenty of ideas to get breakfast or dinner on the table quickly, lunches to make your kids happy, and snacks to keep you going. A big thank you to DB of Crazy Foodie Stunts and Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking for hosting this event and helping us stay organized this school year!
When I think “Back to School” I think of Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. I don’t exactly need to give you a recipe for PB&J – unless it’s my grilled one! Instead I decided to make muffins! These PB&J muffins are a perfect busy weekday breakfast or after school snack.
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 C jam (I use all fruit grape spread)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tins with liners (makes 18-20).
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl stir peanut butter and buttermilk together until smooth. Add in the vanilla, oil, and eggs.
- Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined – it’s thick! Fold in the jam.
- Fill prepared muffin tins. Bake 15 – 17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.
*This recipe is adapted from Renee at http://www.reneeskitchenadventures.com/2014/05/peanut-butter-and-jelly-muffins.html*
Getting Started On School Days
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Caramel Apple Granola by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cinnamon Chocolate Overnight Oats by Whole Food | Real Families
- Funfetti French Toast by Brunch with Joy
- PB&J Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Ideas for the Lunchbox
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich by Cooking Chat
- Healthy Lunchbox Snack Mix by Noshing with the Nolands
- Mini Pepperoni Calzones by The Redhead Baker
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
After School Snacks and Beverages
- Back to School Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Fruit ‘n Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Quinoa, Oat and Pecan Blueberry-Peach Crumb Bars by Simply Healthy Family
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits by An Appealing Plan
- Mother’s Ruin Punch by Food Lust People Love
- “Nut Butter” Rice Crispy Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Parmesan Crisps Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Monkey Bread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Apple Nachos by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Pizzas by Our Good Life
School Night Suppers
- Beef Peppers and Onions Burritos by Family Foodie
- One Pot Bacon-Cheeseburger Pasta by A Gouda Life
- Oven Fried Portabello Mushroom Fries by Food Done Light
- Peanut Chicken Cutlets by Magnolia Days
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Cream Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Turmeric Chicken and Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Sweets to End the Day
- Gluten-Free Almond Joy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker
- M&M Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Oreo Rice Krispy Treats by The Crumby Cupcake
- Paleo Cherry Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Plum Crumble Bars by Feeding Big
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.