I’m not sure I’ve mentioned this yet – but I have really loved spring and summer here in Ohio. (Despite Monday’s post complaining about the rain.) The weather barely gets above 90 degrees and the sun doesn’t set until 9! This extra sunlight has really taken a lot of pressure off me when it comes to preparing meals for the blog. And no snow on the ground means I can take my photos outside again!
This particular salad I made at the end of May when my little man was almost 11 months old. At this point he was an expert crawler and good at pulling himself up. His mobility skills allow me to bring him outside with me while I photograph food, which means I’m not putting it on the floor by the window and playing defense. It also means I don’t have to wait until nap time or for my husband to come home first!
I followed Renee’s suggestion and served this vinaigrette over a spinach salad with apples, shallots, and feta cheese.
Honey Orange Vinaigrette
- 1/3 C fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- Place orange juice, honey, vinegar, shallot, mustard, and garlic in a small blender. Pulse until combined.
- While the blender is running slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste with S+P.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Separation is normal, shake before using.
*This recipe is adapted from Renee at http://magnoliadays.com/2015/spinach-salad-honey-tangerine-dressing*