This month a smaller than normal group got together for some barbecue food. Due to scheduling conflicts with the neighborhood clubhouse we had to meet on a Thursday instead of a Tuesday. It’s also travel season now that school’s out. But that didn’t stop us from having some fantastic food!
Here is a sampling of the recipes brought to the BBQ potluck:
- Pulled Pork: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2013/12/03/recipe-best-pulled-pork-crock-pot/
- Apple Carrot Slaw: 1 red apple and 1 green apple cut into matchsticks juice 1 lemon, 3 C shredded carrots, 1/4 C chopped chives, 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 4 oz Feta (crumbled)
- Cherry Chipotle Baked Beans: https://sewyoucancook.wordpress.com/2015/06/05/hotsummereats-cherry-chipotle-baked-beans/
- Mushroom Rice: 2 C minute rice, 1 stick butter, 1 can French onion soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 2 cans water; place in a 9×13 casserole dish and bake 60 minutes at 350degF.
- Strawberry Yogurt Cake: http://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/2012/04/fresh-strawberry-yogurt-cake.html
I am really excited for our meeting in a couple of weeks when we’re having breakfast!!