Happy Christmas Eve!
Tonight’s the night to put out milk and cookies for Santa.
This year, let’s give Santa some variety and try something new.
The favorite snickerdoodle gets a holiday makeover with some crushed candy canes.
The recipe I present to you today celebrates the semi-homemade mentality for a perfect last minute party favorite. It uses premade sugar cookie dough. (Feel free to make your own sugar cookie dough from scratch, if you prefer.) I made these cookies as part of my donation to a cookie drive. When I told my mom about these cookies she simply added crushed candy canes to her favorite snickerdoodle recipe.
Candy Cane Snickerdoodles
- 1 roll (16oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 C flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer break up the sugar cookie dough. Mix in the flour.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and candy canes.
- Gather cookie dough and roll into a log. Cut into 3 dozen cookies. Roll into balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for one minute before removing to a cooling rack.
*This recipe is adapted from Deborah at http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/peppermint-snickerdoodles/c23f7546-0ebe-4897-b678-9ab173c4b2d8*