I have one more (at least to date) #10DaysofTailgate sponsor bonus feature for you today.
My husband has a man crush on Bobby (yes, we’re on a first name basis over here… okay, maybe we’re not.. but we can pretend!) and this recipe looked like the perfect way to polish off the frozen salmon in my freezer. And the perfect way to use some of the wonderful Hot and Spicy Mustards from El Diablo. I imagine that the Mango flavor would work perfectly in this dish, but as I’m allergic to mango I opted for the Jalapeno flavor. It added a great bite to the salmon and complimented the ginger pretty well!
Judge all you want, but frozen fish is a great option. Especially now that we don’t live down the street from a seafood market. Or by the sea. I also love that buying frozen seafood means that it won’t go to waste. I can’t tell you how many times we’d purchased fresh fish to find that something else came up and it went bad before I cooked it up.
Brown Sugar Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp El Diablo Jalapeno Mustard
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste
- 8 6 oz salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter into brown sugar and honey. Remove from heat and whisk in soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, and ginger.
- Place salmon in a baking dish and brush with the glaze. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
*This recipe is adapted from Bobby Flay at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/salmon-with-brown-sugar-and-mustard-glaze-recipe.html *
Disclaimer: I received El Diablo Hot and Spicy Mustards and Gourmet Garden herb pastes through the #10DaysofTailgate event, however all opinions are my own.