And remember how I said one of the things I had planned for my bottle of Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup was a salad dressing?
Well I did just that!
But I didn’t use it to top just any boring old salad. I used it to top Salmon Cakes (that were placed lovingly onto a salad bed)!
I apologize for the horrendous photograph – I’m still struggling with taking food photography in the new house at night.
Salmon Cake Salad
Ingredients for Salmon Cakes:
- 3 8 oz salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 1/4 C panko, divided use
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 C red onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
Ingredients for Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 C Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C + 1 tbsp Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup
- 1/4 C water
- S+P to taste
Steps for Salmon Cakes:
- Place salmon in a large skillet with high sides. Cover with water and add the lemon, sea salt, and peppercorns. Bring the water to a simmer and poach salmon 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, flake the salmon fillets, discarding any skin and bones. Gently mix the salmon with the beaten eggs, 1/4 C panko, onion, dill, paprika, S+P. If the mixture is too wet add a little more panko. If the mixture is too dry add another egg.
- Mix together 1 C panko with the parsley in a shallow dish.
- Form salmon mixture into 8 equal sized patties. Coat in the panko and parsley and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on top of your favorite salad mix.
Steps for Salad Dressing:
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients.
*The salmon cake recipe is adapted from Cheryl at http://www.cherylstyle.com/simple-food-recipes/dinner-recipes/panko-breaded-baked-salmon-cakes-recipe/ *
Disclaimer: I was provided a bottle of Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup through the #10DaysofTailgate event, however all opinions and statements are my own.