Today is my blog’s anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been a year. In my first year I have gained 132 followers and 113 Facebook friends. I’ve really enjoyed blogging. I will admit that I hit a spell in my first trimester of pregnancy when I was questioning my desire to continue with Sew You Think You Can Cook. Blame the hormones and exhaustion.
But I’m glad I stuck it out. I’ve met some great bloggers through The Crazy Ingredient Challenge, #BundtBakers, and Secret Recipe Club. I think joining in these link parties has brought me the most joy. It’s been nice to expand my horizons and get creative in the kitchen. In fact, I just joined another group – Foodie Extravaganza!
For my blog-iversary I decided to try something that’s always intrigued me. Using olive oil in baking. These cupcakes are beautiful – The olive oil gave them a nice golden color and the edges had a little bit of crisp to them which I adored. They’re not overly sweet so the cream cheese frosting accompanied them perfectly. I typically find icing to push cake over the top on sweetness level. I brought them to work and they were gone before lunch!
Olive Oil Cupcakes
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 C cake flour
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 C milk
Ingredients for frosting:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cupcake tin, or line with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add the olive oil and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Add the sour cream until combined. Add the milk. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Place cupcake batter into prepared cupcake tin. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Make the frosting: Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar in two installments. Beat until smooth. Add milk 1/4 tsp at a time if needed (I didn’t need it).
*This recipe is adapted from Brita at http://www.bakingisascience.com/lemon-lime-olive-oil-cupcakes/*
9 thoughts on “Blog-iversary”
Happy Anniversary! I have enjoyed following you!
Well, you are obligated to. 😉
Happy Anniversary!! Love your blog =)
Thank you so much!
Congratulations on 1 year!
Thank you, Tara. You helped make it happen!
Happy blogiversary! The cupcakes look great!