So… I forgot to post on Mexican Monday yesterday…
As a result, you get the more popularly known Taco Tuesday.
Stuart picked out this recipe off of foodgawker to have on one of our Mexican Mondays, but I altered it by taking advantage of my slow cooker and using pork instead as it was on sale and chicken was not.
On this particular Monday we both had a long day at the office (due to the fact that we carpool), so the decision to use the slow cooker was even more clutch! And because we got home late and were very hungry, photos were not taken. I did think enough to snap a photo with the trusty iPhone. Please accept my apologies for the sorry photograph.
Chipotle Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2 lb boneless pork roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- Place pork in slow cooker, fat side up. Trim some of the fat if desired.
- Top pork with onions, garlic, tomatoes, and chipotle peppers.
- Cook on LOW 4-5 hours.
- Shred the pork and return to the sauce and squeeze with the lime. Keep warm until ready to assemble tacos.