But back to April’s CIC post. The biggest challenge with this month was using an already finished product.
Leave it to the preggo to come up with a cocktail! (Please don’t call child services, but I did taste a sip so I could validate that the recipe works!) I present to you the perfect cocktail for your Easter Sunday – Marshmallow Peeps Lemon Drop Martini. This is definitely what adults want in their Easter basket. If we can’t hunt for eggs, then we might as well sip on something fun!
Marshmallow Peeps Lemon Drop Martini
- 3 yellow peeps (any color will do, but a yellow lemon cocktail looks best)
- 3/4 C vodka
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 3/4 C lemon juice
- sprinkles (optional)
- In a jar soak peeps in vodka for at least 4 days. Remove Peeps from vodka (strain if they’ve fallen apart).
- In a small saucepan dissolve sugar in water over medium-high heat. Allow to cool.
- Place sprinkles on a flat plate. Run a slice of lemon along the rim of the martini glass and gently twist the glass in the sprinkles.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice combine equal parts lemon juice, simple syrup, and Peeps vodka. Pour into martini glasses.
To see the other bloggers who participated in this month’s Crazy Ingredient Challenge click on the link below.