Last week we were invited to a friend’s surprise birthday party. I knew I was going to bring something edible to the table, but had to decide on what that was going to be. I thought about doing my Corn and Black-Eyed Pea Dip but as it’s fall decided to go with something heartier.
I decided to do some recon on the birthday girl’s Pinterest boards and saw that she had posted a Buffalo Chicken Dip. I stopped searching there and decided on this recipe.
Every Christmas Eve my brother’s fiance’s family has a party. My future sister-in-law makes this dip every year and it’s a crowd favorite. Two years ago for Christmas she gave me a fantastic cooking gift basket filled with Giada DeLaurentiis products as well as a recipe box, including her Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Unfortunately this food post does not have a photograph to accompany it as I forgot to snap a picture before the party. We were running late and it completely slipped my mind. Next time I make it I’ll add it to this post.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Approx 3 lb chicken, cooked and shredded (Kelli boils hers, I baked mine)
- 12 oz hot sauce (Kelli uses Crystal and so did I)
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz blue cheese dressing (I used Ranch)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese and dressing. Stir until the mixture is smooth and cream cheese is melted.
- In a large bowl combine cooked chicken, hot sauce, and the cream cheese mixture. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and cheese is golden.