The reason I love to cook is the same as any other chef and home-cook. I like to make people happy, and a great way to do that is through food. Just bring in a plate of cookies to the office and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
When I decide on a recipe, I’ve got one person’s interest on my mind – my husband’s. I know what type of flavors he likes and try to find something that will make him happy. This dish did just that.
“What are we having for dinner tonight?”
“Chicken and Pineapple Skewers with a Honey Chipotle sauce”
“You know me so well.”
Stuart is addicted to pineapple, he likes meat of any kind, is obsessed with honey, and enjoys chipotle spiciness. There’s no way this could go wrong. (And it didn’t!) If you’ve never had grilled pineapple, you really should try it – it brings out the sweetness of the fruit while toning down the tartness.
Chicken and Pineapple Kebobs with Honey Chipotle Glaze
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cubed
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 C honey, to taste
- Soak 10-12 bamboo skewers in water for 15-30 minutes.
- Assemble kebobs by alternating chicken and pineapple.
- Grill kebobs until chicken is cooked through.
- In a blender, puree chipotle peppers, mustard, oil, salt, and honey.
- Brush cooked kebobs with the glaze and reserve some for dipping.
*This recipe is adapted from http://bsugarmama.com/chicken-pineapple-skewers-with-honey-chipotle-glaze/*
4 thoughts on “Chicken and Pineapple Kebobs with Honey Chipotle Glaze”
I can’t wait to make and try this!
I’ll be remaking them for a luau themed party next month!
Nice! I think I will serve it on a bed of rice when I make it. I will be sure to post pics when I do!
That’ll be great!