It’s PCS (permanent change of station) season here in the military community and a lot of our friends are packing up and moving on to their next great adventure.
I recently made these Blueberry Bars for a going-away party. We were celebrating after an indoor soccer game, and in retrospect I probably should’ve chosen cherry pie filling instead of blueberry because they wear red as a team. But, it’s July and July is National Blueberry Month. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!
- 1 C room temperature butter
- 1 3/4 C sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 can blueberry pie filling, or whatever flavor you desire!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Beat until combined. Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Spread all but 1 1/2 C of batter into greased 9×13″ cake pan. Spread the pie filling on top and then spoon on the remaining batter.
- Bake 40 minutes.
*This recipe is adapted from Alicia at http://www.everydayhomecook.com/2011/08/fruit-squares/*